Guideline for private functions
The House Committee supports the use of the Club for private functions but is aware of the need to safeguard members from overuse of Club facilities by non-members. These guidelines are designed to ensure that private functions can take place successfully with minimum inconvenience to other members.
The following guidelines apply to private functions, for both organisations and private parties:
1. Private functions will normally be confined to the off-season (November to March). Mondays and Thursdays are the preferred days, but Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays will be considered and approved if there are no objections from the relevant parties. No private functions may take place during the Club Regatta weekend, during Club events, or on Bank Holidays.
2. Other members have the right to use the Club during the event, except in the area where the private function is taking place. Normal Club activities of sailing, Wet Bar access, swimming and car parking must be allowed to continue throughout the function.
3. Guest numbers will be limited by the catering limitations of the Franchisee, along with Health & Safety Fire regulations.
4. Applications for organisations/society/members' functions for 21 or more guests, should be made using the Private Function Application Form, between 2-6 months in advance, except in the case of wakes, where applications should be made as early as possible in the circumstances.N.B. Members' private parties for 20 or fewer guests may be arranged directly with the Franchisee who will inform the office. The member should inform the Franchisee if speeches are planned at the event. Notice of at least one week should be given by the member wherever possible.
5. Events held by, or directly in aid of, a charity, will be discussed on an individual basis and a fee agreed or waived as appropriate. Following discussion by the HC (in accordance with Byelaw 3.4a), if a fee is levied it is to be commensurate with the aims and the ability of the Charity to pay the agreed fee.
6. Each application will be considered by the House Committee (Byelaw (Section 3.4a)) and approved or declined.
7. The member requesting the private function:
-takes full responsibility for organising & controlling the function, and must attend it
-will be responsible for liaising with the House Committee and the Franchisee
-will be responsible for providing a list of attendees on the form provided by the office
-will be responsible for paying any charges due, in advance of the event
-will be responsible for making good any loss or damage sustained during the function
-will be responsible for the security of the Club premises and equipment for the duration of the function if the Club is officially closed
-will be responsible for leaving the Club in a clean and tidy state.
8. Environmental considerations, such as music volume, must be taken into account by the member. Music is allowed in accordance with the Club's licence.
9. The Club dance floor must be used whenever a band or disco is booked (see 'Charges' section below).
10. If the bar is required, arrangements should be made with the Franchisee and in accordance with the Club's licence. Functions will normally use the Club wine list, but members may arrange for wines from other sources in agreement with the Franchisee.
11. Members will be notified, via the website, of any events that will restrict use of Club facilities.
(numbers in excess of 60)
Private parties (numbers of 21-59)
£3 for each non-member attending the event
Wakes for a deceased member
Wakes for a deceased non-member
Dancefloor (must be used
whenever a band or disco is booked)
Training/North Room private hire
All payments should be made to Emsworth Sailing Club when the booking is confirmed. No refunds will be given.
Please contact the Office for further information (01243 372850).